1. Substitute tomato juice for milk in your baking powder biscuits when serving with salad for lunch.
2. A little salt added to flour before adding water will keep it from lumping.
3. Beets peel easily if you cover them with cold water for a few minutes after they have boiled.
4. You will have mor shapely slices of bacon if started in cold pan and cooked slowly.
5. 3 level tbsp. coca and 1/2 tbsp. of butter equals 1 square of chocolate.
6. Luncheon muffins are elegant when baked in small pan and dipped in melted butter and cinnamon sugar while still warm.
7. A wet knife will cut cleanly through sticky icings.
8. Use a wet saw toothed knife for cutting angel food cake.
9. Several drops of vinegar added to boiling icing while beating will keep it soft and seldon grainy.
10. Before measuring honey, syrup or molasses, grease the inside of measuring cup.
BOUNCE...the stuff you use in your dryer: Repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season. Eliminates static electricity from your television screen. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your TV screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling. Dissolves soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a used sheet of Bounce. Freshens the air in your home. Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang one in a closet. Prevents thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce to eliminate the static cling on the thread before sewing. Eliminates static cling from pantyhose. Rub a damp, used sheet of Bounce over the hose. Prevents musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing. Freshens the air in your car. Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat. Cleans baked-on food from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in the pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, sponge clean. The antistatic agents apparently weaken the bond between food and the pan while the fabric softening agents soften the baked-on food. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket. Collects cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling. Wipes up sawdust from drilling or sandpapering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth. Eliminates odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper. Deodorizes shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight so they'll smell great in the morning.
COCA COLA: To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl. Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca Cola. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca- Cola to the rusted bolt for a few minutes. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous gravy. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen the stain. It will also clean road haze from your windshield. AND WE DRINK THIS STUFF?????
SIGNS FOUND IN KITCHENS A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious. If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator. A clean house is a sign of a misspent life. Help keep the kitchen clean -- eat out. Countless number of people have eaten in this kitchen and gone on to lead normal lives. My next house will have no kitchen -- just vending machines. __________________________________________________